With chilli-honey dressing, serves 8 – pair it with a Flyfaire Riesling in time for a spring picnic!
To celebrate the start of spring after a cold winter - why not try this recipe to celebrate the coming of a new season. Perfect for your next picnic with friends.
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 4 skinless chicken breasts (150g each)
- Salt & Black pepper, grinded preferred
- 4 small oranges
- 2 ruby grapefruit & 1 yellow grapefruit
- 1 small red onion, peeled & thinly sliced
- Hand-full of mint
- 1 pomegranate - halved for the dressing
- 4 tsp white wine vinegar
- 4 tsp honey 5 tbsp olive oil 1 red chilli, finely chopped
- Salt & Black Pepper
- To make the dressing, combine all the ingredients in a small bowl and whisk together.
- Heat the oil in a pan and cook the chicken until cooked through over a medium heat, seasoning with pepper & salt. When finished, set aside.
- Treat all citrus fruit the same by removing the rind and slicing the fruit into tranches. Place in a dish, ready to place chicken on top.
- Cut the chicken into long slices and add on top of fruit already in a dish. Add dressing & spoon pomegranate over the top of the salad.