Flyfaire is totally switched off by climate change. So, we used some candles instead to illuminate the environmental problems we're all facing and celebrate Earth Hour for 2016. Nothing like a bit of mood lighting and some great food to celebrate this great place we call Earth.
Flyfaire is committed to sustainable practices. You can read all about it here on our Sustainability page. But here's a summary:
Reducing Waste and Conserving Resources
- The Cellar Door is powered by solar energy with generator backup when needed.
- We compost all biodegradable waste on site.
- We recycle all glass, aluminum, plastic and cardboard.
- In winter, our food is cooked using our slow combustion stove - fuelled with wood from the property.
- We reclaim used fryer oil for future manufacturing of bio-diesel.
- We capture rainwater for use in the Cellar Door and winery.
- From paper towels to menu paper to business cards, we use all recycled paper products.
- We compost paper hand towels from our bathrooms.
- We employ water and energy-saving measures such as sub-surface drippers in the vineyard and high-efficiency LED lighting.
Flyfaire Wines is located in the Woomargama National Park and we are close to the regional centres of Holbrook, Albury/Wodonga, Canberra, and Wagga Wagga. We produce quality cool climate wines and provide a premium cellar door & café experience.