Julianne, our wonderful chef at Flyfaire, has just jazzed up the menu to ensure that we are only serving the freshest, local produce - YUM! And the best thing we think that was added is our new wonderful (and very popular) platters to share.
To get you savouring at the thought of these platters, why not try one of following for your next visit:
- Aussie Platter: Smoked Kangaroo, Lamb and Ham, Tomato Relish, Garden Salad, Olives with Nord bread.
- Mediterranean Platter: Prosciutto, Vento Salami, Sopressa, Garden Salad, Olives with Nord Bread (see photo below).
- European Platter: Smoked Trout, Pickled Beetroot, Ricotta and Capers, Feta Cheese with Nord Rye Bread.
- Cheese Platter: Locheilan Gold Medal Farmhouse Cheese Platter - Broken Blue, Wunghu Soft and Kulindi. All served with Flyfaire Riesling Paste and Nord Bread.
So, how do we make these platters so tasty you may ask? Easy! We use vegetables and herbs from Flyfaire's very own garden. Fresh organic produce is always sought from a variety of local producers to support the local community. Quality and low food miles are always a criteria for selection (check out our page on sustainability). Locally-produced is always freshest and travels less distance!
We are also committed to supporting the local community. And this is no exception when we were designing our new café menu items.
A good example of support for the community is that we purchase vegetables from a local Woomargama 11-year-old during the summer at our local post office/shop. We buy all the zucchini, squash and cucumbers that he can produce and use it in the Café menu.
Some other recent additions to the café menu include:
- Beers and Cider from Cheeky Peak Brewery - Albury/Wodonga's only craft brewery!
- Local cordials by Frou-Frou Cordials including interesting flavours such as Lemon & Lemon Myrtle, Just Mango, Shiraz & Chilli.
- And don't forget the kids (if they're not too busy playing on our playground) with Ham & Cheese Toasties or Spaghetti Bolognaise.
We look forward to seeing you shortly to try our fresh new offerings!
Flyfaire Wines is located in the Woomargama National Park and we are close to the regional centres of Holbrook, Albury/Wodonga, Canberra, and Wagga Wagga. We produce quality cool climate wines and provide a premium cellar door experience.